Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I like things, here are some of them.


Back when I started this fabulous blog (apparently in 2010 according to the sidebar) I used to have "Tactile Tuesday", it last lasted about 2 consecutive weeks because I'm terrible at remembering things and half the time I have no idea what day it is.  Tactile Tuesday was called such because I felt like "You gotta get your hands on this right now because it's so awesome!" was kind of long.

I am not going to restart "Tactile Tuesday", I find blogs with that kind of structure grating now. These days I refuse to pull a blog out of my ass for the sake of writing a blog.  If I don't have anything to say it could be a while before I write anything and I feel like that's okay.  I don't have a huge audience (though I would absolutely love to someday), and I don't feel like writing things that I feel are sub-par because OMG it's a specific day of the week.

So I want to welcome you to "Things I'm obsessed with right now but this type of blog might never happen again so just enjoy the stuff I post today!"  I feel like this kind of goes without saying, (but I'm going to anyway) no one has paid me or asked me to say any of this. I don't hawk other people's shit.  If I did I'd let you know.

  • First off, if you don't already know this, I am kind of (ahem REALLY) in love with Felicia Day.  She recently started Geek and Sundry with a bunch of fellow geeks (WIL WHEATON, who I am sure you can tell by the caps I have no interest in.)   You should definitely check out Geek and Sundry if you are a fellow geek.  They have several shows up and running and I'm sure one of them will be relevant to your interests. Even if you aren't a geek you can enjoy looking at the hot geeks on the shows...it's a win/win for everyone.

  • Secondly, I am in love with Myths Retold. This website is absolutely hysterical. They take myths or stories and retell them using humor and loads of cursing.  If you don't like excessive cursing you should just stay away from that site and move on along.

  • Let me start by saying, I am not typically a fan of electronic music.  My husband LOVES electronic music and I tease him and call it "hamster in a wheel music" because it usually bores me and I feel like a hamster, running in a wheel and never actually getting anywhere when I listen to it.  For some reason "Grimes" is different, I can't even explain it, but I am really digging her music.  Huge thanks to Sunny for turning me on to Grimes' music!

  • Mad Men season 5 started a few weeks ago.  I have been a huge Mad Men fan from the beginning but I guess in it's 17 month absence of it being on TV I had forgotten WHY it's my favorite show.  In fact, I waited until this week to catch up on this season and I immediately (literally within the first 30 seconds) regretted waiting.  This show has the best writing on TV hands down.  I feel confident in saying that because I watch a shitload of TV.  The only people that I have heard complain about the show are people who want instant gratification, they don't seem to care about character development, or continuity, they want everything to be BAM! IN YOUR FACE! and that is simply not how this show  works. I think it's also a huge reason WHY the show works, you have to get invested, you have to care, and you have to wait, but the payoff has never ever let me down.  This is the one show on television that I have never thought there was a 'meh' episode of.  Everything in this show happens for a very specific reason which will (at some point in time) be addressed, and that is something that I obviously really enjoy.
  • Last but not least we have the A Song of Ice and Fire Series and Game of Thrones.  I'm  Westeros obsessed right now and there are not enough hours in the day for me to read enough.  The show is amazing but reading the books is so much fun.  With the books you get way more insight into everyone's motives, more action, and even a little bit more of Tyrion's sassy talk.  Basically if you are only watching the show then you are missing out on some pretty interesting details, and if you are only reading the books you are missing all the boobs!  If you are doing neither well then shame on you and get on it!  You will not regret it.


This concludes "Things I'm obsessed with right now but this type of blog might never happen again so just enjoy the stuff I post today okay!". 

No comments:

Post a Comment