Wednesday, September 12, 2012

You guys can keep your pumpkin spice lattes, just give me all the pumpkin ale

The air has had a crisp bite to it in the morning for the past few days.  The afternoons are no longer blazing hot and I can run barefoot without my feet catching on fire.  The bugs aren't eating me alive.  This is my favorite time of year.  When the winds start swirling around you and you start thinking about what fall will bring.

My favorite holiday has been Halloween for my entire life.  According to my mother I became enchanted with it at a really young age and it's never let me go.  I could take or leave Christmas, and I LOATHE Thanksgiving, but HALLOWEEN, Halloween is magical.  I can't wait to wear my big black boots and a hoodie and curl up on my couch watching horror movies.  Of course I can do those things any time of the year, but the authenticity of it all during fall makes it a million times better.

I can't wait for bonfires, and candy corn, and pumpkin carving.  This time of the year is always when I start feeling my creativity firing up.  I always start painting, crafting, playing dressup, and making 'fall' playlists.  Songs are weather dependent and take on different colors to me, if you don't understand then you are probably never going to, it's just one of my 'things'.






P.S. I am going to see Amanda Palmer on Saturday.  I hope to have many photos & exciting things to tell you afterward.  This is from her new CD with Grand Theft Orchestra "Theatre is Evil".  If you have a problem with gore don't watch the video.  (I am looking at you mom).

No comments:

Post a Comment