Sunday, September 30, 2012

it's the most wonderful time of the year!

Now for some holiday cheer!  These are the pumpkin beers I have tried so far this holiday season.

Punk'N Harvest Pumpkin Ale, Post Road Pumpkin Ale, Dogfish Head Punkin Ale

Of these three my favorite is the Dogfish Head.  I liked it's flavor the best.  I'm on the lookout for more Pumpkin ale so I will update if I find anything I like better.

I try to watch as many horror movies as possible during October.  I kicked off the movie marathon today with "The House of the Devil" which I really enjoyed.  It's definitely a slow-burn kind of movie.  If you are wanting hardcore gore or constant scares then don't bother watching it but if you don't mind an actual plot and waiting until the VERY end for payoff then I'd say give it a shot.  It's on Netflix Instant which is where I'll be finding most of the films I'll be watching this next month.  "When a Stranger Calls" (the original) is pretty boring.  I really liked the first 20 minutes or so but after that it's basically a swan dive into predictability land.

I'm trying to make myself watch things I haven't seen before like the previous two movies but I'm sure that I will watch all my classic horror staples of the season at some point like "Carrie", "Suspiria" and "Black Christmas".  I also watch just fun holiday themed movies this time of the year like "Hocus Pocus" and "Practical Magic" even though they aren't horror.  So that's pretty much what you can expect for the next month or so.  If you have any horror suggestions, particularly evil children or sorority slashers please let me know, those tend to be my favorites.

1 comment:

  1. Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale is my fav pumpkin of all times.

    ReplyDelete