Wednesday, August 29, 2012

and I don't belong to anyone

School has started back up again and I'm in two classes that are incredibly difficult and one that looks like it shouldn't be all that bad.  So basically if I'm not around much, that's why.  The amount of work isn't as daunting this time around, just the content.  I am going to attempt to keep up my straight A streak but if I am unable to I have to just be able to let go of it.

I started freaking out again, (like ya do) but then it occurred to me that A) this is not the end of the world, B) even my professor said "everyone struggles with this course", and C) this is legitimately the first thing I have had to LEARN since I started college.  I need to cut myself some slack and stop being so hard on myself.  That isn't an excuse to be lazy or not do the work, but I don't have to stress out.  I am LEARNING and that's just something new that I'm not really used to.  (I mean learning in a "have to" context. I love learning about things that I am personally interested in).

I'm sure that I felt the same way about HTML and CSS when I first started learning them but those were self taught, at my own pace, and over the past however many years since I made my first seizure inducing AOL page full of flame text and dancing Hello Kitties.  So it's a process.  I know people who have been doing this for years who still sometimes pull up reference materials.  It's fine.  I can do this, it just might take me a bit and that's okay.

Other than freaking out about school I have been attempting to get Alden ready to go back to school. He's got a new bag, new clothes, new shoes, & a new lunchbox (tupperware because I'm a bit of a hippie & refuse to waste plastic baggies like that).  Stuff-wise he's prepared but he isn't having it.  He told me he was "not going to school this year".  At which point I just started laughing hysterically.  I haven't been getting him back on track with his bedtime because, well honestly at first it just doesn't do any good.  Plus, we're going out of town this weekend and coming back the day before school starts...so basically there is absolutely no point in trying until school actually starts.  Luckily (?), he still gets up obscenely early even when he doesn't go to bed until "SERIOUSLY, LAY DOWN RIGHT NOW BECAUSE I AM GOING TO BED NOW" o'clock.

Anywho that's all that has been going on.  Boring as hell I know.  I promise that I will not post another post until I have something clever.  I am even boring myself with these.

I do not relate to this song at all but it is CATCHY AS FUQ & I can't stop listening to it.




1 comment: