Monday, February 13, 2012

books vs. e-readers

I am so very sick of hearing people talking about 'the evils of e-readers'. I have the original Nook and I absolutely love it. I also love books. Having an e-reader has in no way stopped me from purchasing books. In fact, I have purchased quite a few books since getting the e-reader because having physical copies of certain books is important to me or because I want to support a certain author by purchasing it in hardback.

Does it really matter how we read? Isn't the important thing that we are reading? Why can't we all just get along?

I love my e-reader because I literally have a library in my purse, with the swipe of a finger I can change books or continue a series without having to run to the store or wait until I get home to switch out the books in my purse. I love that I'm not reading paper because it kills trees. I love that I can shop for more books without leaving my couch.

I love printed word books because they have that delicious paper smell. I love books because I can read them in the rain. I love books because they are the first things I really remember from my childhood. I love books because they fill my bookshelves and are stacked and bookended all over my bedroom.

I just love books, I don't care what format they are in. You don't have to choose sides, in fact if you do I think you're a moron. You can have both, you can love both. You should have & love both.

No comments:

Post a Comment