Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tactile Tuesday Week 2

Hey look! I remembered! Tactile Tuesday Week 2 coming at you! So this week I've decided to review/discuss some of the things I got for Christmas You can see what I got in it's entirety in the previous post. We're going to start off with my favorite cartoon ever...


Yes, Daria!


I received Daria: The Complete Series on DVD from my totally awesome mother. Daria was a kick ass cartoon on MTV for 5 seasons. I watched Daria religiously growing up and had a fabulous poster of her in my room. I related to Daria in pretty much every single way, I looked like her, I was sarcastic like her, I had a family rather similar to hers, and I was a teenager.

During the run of the show I was a loyal fan, even in the last season when I felt like everything I knew and loved about Daria had changed. Watching it back now, I understand it better, Daria grew up. I have too since then and now I can really appreciate her growth as a character. Back then I was annoyed at the changes, now I am appreciative.

The reason it took Daria so long to come out on DVD was they were battling about the rights to the music. I have to say that I don't particularly miss the original music, yes, it would have added a little something that would make me smile because grunge music is still my favorite music ever, but I am not devastated that I don't get to hear the Pumpkins, Hole, or Nirvana in the background of the show. Those old friends are all on my iPod anyway.

The next thing I want to review is For Audrey nail polish by China Glaze.


As soon as I found this color I was in love. I ran out and bought two bottles. This Tiffany inspired color is absolutely lovely. One coat would suffice if you just wanted to paint you nails but two really brings it to the true Tiffany color. The consistency is what you always get with China Glaze, not runny and not too thick, pretty much perfect.

That's it for now. I'll be back soon with more awesome things for you to check out. I hope everyone had a Happy Holiday and that the New Year brings about changes for the better for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment