Friday, May 10, 2013

Romy & Michele? Not this time...

Instead of paying $75 and dragging my husband to see a bunch of people that I unfortunately went through school with tomorrow evening, we are going to a concert with one of my best friends.  Those tickets were only $15 a piece, I'll be with two people I actually enjoy spending time with, and I will get to see this beautiful man shake his ass and rock out.


SO EXCITE!!!

I thought when my 10 year reunion rolled around that I would be excited and want to go. Then I started really thinking about it and why the hell would I pay that much to hang out with people that I don't particularly like?  I think having reunions is kind of bullshit at this point. I can see your boring life on Facebook for free.  If I want to get drunk with you I'll send you a Facebook message and we'll go somewhere that sells beer for a reasonable price and doesn't require you to dress like some sort of "dressy casual" person, whatever the hell that means. 

Of course this doesn't apply to everyone.  I am still SUPER close with 3 people from my high school class  and I still like a few other people that I don't really talk to much.   But the vast majority I don't really care to see. It's nothing against them in particular it just isn't worth $75 to hear about their kids and jobs and smile while I pretend that I'm interested.  I hope everyone has fun at the reunion.  I also kind of hope that people get really wasted and a brawl breaks out and someone puts it on YouTube, but that's less likely to happen I guess.

I'll be shaking my ass and elbowing my way up to the front of this show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment