Wednesday, December 12, 2012

maybe just a half a drink more...

Today was my last day of Winter Semester.  If there are any typos in this post I apologize as I am celebrating with some pumpkin beer.  I have been in a weird place lately.  Someone tried to steal my car (which doesn't run) the other night when I was at a Christmas party.  When we got home it was halfway down the driveway, there were boot prints all in the gravel, hand-prints all over the hood of the car, and a Honda key jammed in the ignition.  It really creeped me out to think that someone was on my property, touching my car, and that they knew it needed a key to try to start it because of the way the shift is.  From what I understand basically to shift it without the (real) key in the ignition you stick a key into the little shifty key thingie & then you can put it in neutral or whatever.  Basically if my yard hadn't had a small hill and gravel they probably could have stolen it fairly easily.

I filed a police report and they said someone had also stolen a golf cart on the other side of the highway that evening.  I now have a baseball bat and an ax handle in case I see anyone creeping around in my yard.  I also called to have the bulb for the streetlight in our yard replaced, so now my yard is well lit.  Not that it matters if we aren't here.  Stuff & things can be replaced, people can't.  I'm not really a 'stuff' person anyway.  Don't get me wrong, if I came home and my electronics were gone I would be pissed off, I would cry, I would curse like a sailor, but things are just things.  I don't really have many "nice" things because I don't care about "nice" things.  I like electronics.  I don't give a shit about pricey bags, jewelry, or clothing, I'd rather have a new iPod, some videogames, and the new version of Photoshop (P.S. they are all on my Xmas list which can be found in my last post if anyone is feeling particularly generous or needs ideas).

So anyway that whole thing kind of put me in a weird headspace and since then I've been on edge.  I have seen a bunch of movies since then and also taken all my finals.  I believe I passed all my classes and I am very pleased.  They were difficult but I carried on and did my best.  Last semester I actually ended up dropping one of the courses I was taking because it was too much and too difficult.  This semester I gave it another go and I got an A in it.

Christmas is rapidly approaching and I am almost out of free time, so if you wanna hang out let me know ASAP.  I still have a lot of my (okay fine, ALL) Christmas shopping to do.  Just thinking about it is giving me hives so we're gonna move right along to the fact that I have no plans for New Years.  I need plans for New Years!

Okay, now back to reading A Storm of Swords and finishing off this Pumpkin beer.


No comments:

Post a Comment