Wednesday, June 22, 2011

summer time and the livin's easy

It's summertime! At least for two weeks, then it's back to the horrible grind but until then I plan to pack loads of fun into my micro-summer.

It's been two days and so far I've started a new painting (the TARDIS), started watching Firefly (I'm on a Whedon-kick), began reading a new book, and learned how to do a behind the back elbow pass with my hoop.

Plans for the rest of the week include playing video games, learning a new song on my ukulele, giving myself a manicure & pedicure, and watching Game of Thrones (I know, I know! I'm tardy to the party!)

Anyway my point is that just because you're an adult doesn't mean summer has to be boring. Yes, you aren't going to have 2 months off but I bet you get at least one day off from work a week and you should use it doing something FUN! Use your imagination, you don't need a ton of money to do any of these things except maybe the video games but COME ON there is some game on your shelf you haven't played all the way through yet or have been wanting to play again!

No comments:

Post a Comment