Thursday, June 28, 2012

He treats me like a unicorn!!!

I get so tired of hearing people say "He treats me like a princess!"  Have you read a book?  Do you even know what that really means?  Are you calling your boyfriend/fiance/husband a servant?  Sure princesses are raised in luxury but I'd say it comes at a pretty steep price.  Call me crazy but I personally have no interest in being treated like a princess.   I don't want to have to smile & wave and pretend that I love this person my parents are selling me to for land or wealth or some title.

(Sidebar: 99% of you who think you are being 'treated like a princess' are actually just being treated like a human/equal, you just don't realize it because all your other boyfriends REALLY REALLY sucked).

 Princesses lives kind of sucked if you think about it and I find it disturbing that this is the terminology that we used to say "I want to be treated like I'm special."   So I am here to propose a better way of saying "My boyfriend is better than yours" , I think we should all start saying "he treats me like a unicorn!"  Because, well if I'm being honest there is NOTHING cooler than a unicorn.  If you saw a unicorn you would be in awe of it,  you would be absolutely enchanted with it and try to make the most of your time together because you know that it might not be there tomorrow.

So the next time you hear someone say they get treated like a princess laugh to yourself and pity the fool.


No comments:

Post a Comment